Parenting hacks or tips is something I never thought about until I had children. Before I had children, and especially when trying to conceive and then being pregnant, I read every book I could on the subject. There were no real hacks in there. Once baby arrived, pretty much the majority of what I read went out of the window after the first 6 weeks of no sleep and desperation of trying to settle a baby that just didn’t want to sleep.
Once the haze of night time feeds and nappy changes passes, you try to get back to a bit of normality. And in doing so I picked up a few tidbits of information along the way. A hack or tip is just that, a way that helps makes parenting that little bit easier, simpler or saves you that little bit of time.
The inspiration behind my parenting hacks.
My parenting hacks are:-
1. Keep those plastic Halloween trick or treat buckets. They make excellent sick buckets and are washable.
2. Menthol in the form of Vicks or similar on a baby or child’s feet with socks over them will help ease colds and coughs. Strange, but it works.
3. Monster spray or a magic stone when the child is older helps keep nightmares and monsters at bay. Monster spray I made was in one of those plant style spray bottle and added some lavendar oil and a sprinkle of glitter.
4. Have a key rack in the hall way and have it high up. Handy for storing keys and keeping them from being put down the toilet.
5. Keep a canvas bag where you store the kids jackets that they can put their hats, scarfs and gloves in. That way you aren’t hunting for them before the school run.
Sudocrem are looking to find out your best parenting hack. The three best ones on my blog will win a fab Sudocrem goody bag below. And if your parenting hack makes it through to being one of the 3 the best in the UK, then you’ll also be in with a chance to win £100 voucher. Simple!
You have read my hacks above; here are Sudocrem’s hacks to help inspire one of your own:-
- Put a hook at the back of a high chair to bold the bibs.
- Reuse a pool noodle and make it a door stopper and stop little hands getting trapped in doors.
- Use a fairy cake cup to prevent the melting ice-cream from getting your kids hands dirty whilst eating an ice lolly.
Enter in the Rafflecopter entry below. I am looking forward to reading your hacks and the top three will win a Sudocrem goody bag containing:-
- 1 Red/Pink/Blue Sudocrem hat (Colour chosen at random)
- 1 Sudocrem T-Shirt
- 1 Sudocrem Care & Protect
- 1 Tube of Sudocrem Skin Care Cream
- 1 Sudocrem Pen
- 1 Sudocrem car bumper slogan
- 1 pair of Sudocrem sunglasses
Good luck and I can’t wait to read your entry.
Disclaimer:- This post is done in association with Sudocrem. I am looking forward to reading your hacks