1. What inspired you to write your book?
I write to express understand myself and others, to explore beautiful places inside of me. To share the beauty, to be moved, and to instill hope. I use my writing as a tool to light up worlds around me. The Broken destiny is about believing in the miracle that is you.
~ Don’t be crippled by fear. Let love and passion give you wings ~
2. What are your main forms of inspiration?
I draw from everything around me. Emotions, music, people, stories and life.
3. What was the hardest scene to write?
I was lucky with this book I had my shares of difficulty with grammar and dialogue, but as for scenes they came fast and furious.
4. Do you edit your first draft as you go along, or do you wait until it is completed?
I write first draft, rewrite the entire manuscript from start. Revise and edit , edit and off to the editors it goes.
5. Do you write in silence or do you listen to music?
When writing I write with music, when revising and editing sometimes I need stillness.
6. What is your favourite supernatural creature and why?
I prefer mutants and super heroes, like in x-men. There is so much to explore, such clever abilities to showcase. And they didn’t have to die or be turned they just are.
7. Who are you favourite authors?
Authors that I have been fortunate to read, Kristin Cashore Cassandra Clare, Becca Fitzpatrick, Suzanne Young, Stephenie Meyer, James Patterson, Dan Brown, Veronica Roth, Beth Revis, Rae Hachton, Elizabeth Miles, RaShelle Workman, Tiffany King. There are still many talent authors on my list to explore and learn from.
8. What was your favourite book as a child?
Jock Of the Bushveld and Mrs Frisby.
9. What are you currently working on?
Evenescent book two of the Broken Series.
10. What advice would you give to aspiring and unpublished authors?
Make it happen, feed the passion with your wonderful and creative, sometimes outrageous ideas. Write and read as much as you can. Patience and self believe.
Thanks for stopping by Carlyle and for giving us such wonderful and insightful answers. I look forwarding to reading your book.
This post is protected under copyright. SusankMann 2009 – 2014